Privacy & Security
Effective 23 May 2017
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Torque IT collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information under the Australia Privacy Principles.
Specific information about how we collect, use and disclose the personal information of members of our Loyalty Programs will be made available prior to commencement of such Loyalty Programs.
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on torqueit.com.au. We may also issue specific privacy collection notices from time-to-time relating to particular products or services.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to Torque IT’ employee records.
Information We Collect
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of service you request from us. The personal information may include:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, image or answer to a security question (for example, mother’s maiden name);
- Details related to your purchase of products or services, including your preferences with respect to particular products or services;
- Information which you provide us in connection with your use of our products and services;
- Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of our products and services;
- If you use our website or mobile applications, your geo-location, IP address, mobile telephone number or ID and details of any third-party sites that you may have accessed; and
- Loyalty Program membership number and membership details of any other loyalty programs.
If you are an employee obtaining products or services on behalf of a company, business or government department, we may also collect information about your role, your employment type, your employment number, your start date and details of any employer arrangements.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information about you when you use our products and services or purchase our goods, make or update a booking to use our services, register to receive our newsletters or other communications, register to be part of one of our programs, enter into one of our competitions, visit our websites, complete one of our surveys or otherwise interact with us. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties include:
- Agencies, organisations and people that interact with us on your behalf;
- Third parties that run competitions and other promotions for us or for which we are the sponsor;
- Third parties that provide us with marketing leads; and
- Third parties for, with or from whom we provide or receive marketing and data analysis services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer our goods and services, including verifying your identity contacting you about your orders and bookings, freight and other arrangements; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems; and managing your interaction with our suppliers;
- To provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
- To distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party service providers;
- For customer support, including resolving and providing assistance or responding to other enquiries or requests;
- To facilitate your participation in the Loyalty Programs and loyalty programs of other program partners;
- To conduct marketing activities, for our products and services, or products and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our products, services and marketing activities and generating consumer insights which may include combining personal information from third parties or public sources (eg Census data); and
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to others in connection with the sale and provision of our products or services and our Loyalty Programs, including our service providers.
We may also disclose your personal information to our suppliers and third parties that perform other services for us in connection with the sale and provision of all our goods and services, including third parties who:
- Provide customer service and operate call centres;
- Operate some corporate and government sales and fulfilment functions;
- Conduct market research and analysis;
- Provide marketing services;
- Provide information technology services such as airline related systems, data storage, distribution services, freight booking and processing systems, communication networks, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting; and
- Provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including to various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments and their service providers.
Your information may also be shared be shared between businesses within the Torque IT group and its subsidiaries.
If you are an employee obtaining products or services on behalf of a company, business or government department, we may also disclose information with your employer.
One of the primary purposes of these programs is to provide and market enhanced products and services to you, including the products and services of our partners and other third parties who we believe may have products and services in which you would be interested. Other purposes include assessing membership applications; award program points; conform eligibility of and providing services associated with these programs; providing enhanced and personalised benefits and services; understanding your interests and hobbies to enhance your use of the programs; improving our services and customer service, including by means of research, behavioural analytics, product development and planning; and operational management of the programs.
For these purposes, additional information is collected by us through your registration with, and participation in, the Loyalty Programs (including your application for, and use of, a Torque IT VIP Card or any other benefit). This additional information may include information such as country of residence, leisure and sports interests, and information about how you earn and use your points. This information may be collected from you directly or from third parties providing services for the Loyalty Programs or our program partners, such as when you register through one of our program partners or transact with them.
In addition to the disclosure outlined in the section “Disclosure of Personal Information”, Torque IT may disclose this information to our partners for the purposes outlined above. The information may also be disclosed to any third party providing services for the Loyalty Programs (including products and services available to members), including assisting us in determining your eligibility for, and providing, these products and services, administering the programs, handling and processing membership applications and operating our call and service centres.
If you are an employee obtaining products or services on behalf of a company, business or government department member, we may also collect information about your role with the member, your employment type, your employee number, your start date with the member and details of any employer arrangements. We may disclose any information associated with your interaction with us to your employer.
When you are logged into your Loyalty Program account, Torque IT may also keep logs of your use of the website. This information may include date and time of visit, Loyalty Program membership number, membership status, surname, location and actions, for example, pages viewed and pages submitted. We may use this information to monitor the use of, and improve, the information and functions on our website, understand your preferences and provide you with information about our products and services and our partners’ products and services which we think may interest you. If you are a Loyalty Program member and are logged into your account, the information we collect may be linked with your personal information.
When you apply for and use your Loyalty Program membership, we may also collect your personal information from, and disclose your personal information to our partners and providers.
Membership of and participation in our Loyalty Programs is subject to the respective programs’ terms and conditions which can be viewed online at torqueit.com.au.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on advertising) may store cookies on your web browser.
How We Hold Information and Keep It Secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from our partners and third parties.
When you book services, or access your Loyalty Program membership information, a secure server is used. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through our websites.
Disclosure of Personal Information Internationally
In the course of providing our services, we may disclose your personal information (including personal information of our Loyalty Programs’ members) to businesses within the Torque IT group and its subsidiaries and third parties located internationally who assist us in providing our products and services, associated freight services, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and government for security and customs purposes. These parties may be located in a country to which we send freight to you, on your behalf, or in relation to returns and warranty claims.
We may also disclose your personal information to data processors (including operators of global distribution systems), customer service providers and managers of our products and services located overseas.
Access and Correction of Information About You
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section titled “Our Contact Details”.
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for the refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
Loyalty Program members can update their profile information online or by contacting us using the details in the section titled “Our Contact Details”.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our Contact Details
You can contact us by completing the form located at: